Every sport needs countless hours of hard work and dedication during practice if you want to play and display your skills at the highest level. Basketball is one of those sports which needs you to put in the relentless effort and continuously refine your form, rhythm, shooting skills, timing, and sense. But there is a lot of visible difference between simply putting in the effort and doing so smartly. If you want to practice basketball shooting at the highest level, then you need to leverage the countless offerings of technological advancement that come your way. A basketball shooting machine is one of those that will help you excel in the sport.
Why is shooting in basketball one of the most essential skills?
Shooting in basketball is one of the essential skills. It is because being a prolific shooter will not only help your team always stay ahead and create match-winning situations; it will also constantly pressurize your opponents and make them commit mistakes.
Every coach that has gained tremendous experience coaching basketball shooting emphasizes developing every critical facet that will improve your shooting skills and percentage.
But you might argue otherwise.
According to you, not every star in the NBA is a prolific shooter. It is perfectly accurate. But you will also have to admit that those stars have an enviable stature- with more than six feet height and muscular physique. That is a genetic advantage, and not everyone is endowed with such a physique. Hence, you need to leverage your shooting skills and learn to catch and shoot basketball at the very best level to make up for any physical shortcomings.
Importance of a facility basketball machine in honing your shooting skills:
Though your school and training facilities need to have a basketball shooting machine, these days, an automatic basketball hoop rebounder is also a common occurrence in homes. With stay-at-home directives and emergency quarantines, you spend a lot of your time at home, and therefore, you should utilize it efficiently by putting in quality reps.
With state-of-the-art technological offerings like the Shoot-A-Way Gun 12k that offers pre-programmable pass selection, timing and delay settings, shooting percentage logs, and touchscreen integration with your mobile devices, you can maximize your shooting prowess. This cutting-edge model will help you with-
- Increasing shooting percentage
- Building muscle memory
- Developing shooting accuracy
- Taking critical positions on the court to receive the pass
- Enhancing your shooting form
- Refining your shooting rhythm and sense
- Refining your arc-shooting technique
- Generating reflex and coordination, etc.
Best basketball shooting drills to practice with a shooting machine:
You want to practice basketball shooting with the newest machine in your facility. But do you know how much more you can do rather than just catching and shooting the balls? Let’s explore.
● Best shooting drills for basketball:
The Gun 12k is one of the frontline models that will enable you to practice the best shooting drills for basketball. It will collect all the made and missed shots and redistribute them to you at variable court positions and times according to the preset programs.
You can effortlessly practice the best basketball shooting drills with a facility basketball machine like the Gun 12k by your side. Let’s take a look.
- Single hand form shooting drills can be ideally practiced.
- You can also practice the single-hand form shooting drills with guide hand usage.
- Set-to-go shooting drills are also easily practiced with a shooting machine. You can gradually increase the distance from the hoop to increase the difficulty level.
- Tuck-to-set shooting drills are also a great possibility with a facility basketball machine.
- Tuck-to-go shooting drills require you to shift your court positions continuously. These can also be practiced seamlessly with the help of a facility basketball machine.
- Off-the-pass shooting drills can also become a tremendous possibility with an automatic basketball machine.
While your peers are putting in hundreds of reps in four to five hours, with an automatic basketball hoop rebounder by your side, you can accomplish the same within half an hour!
It will help you practice the best shooting drills for basketball and minimize time wastage and increase practice efficiency!
● Free throw practice drills for basketball:
Taking advantage of free throws and converting them successfully enables you to get ahead of your opponents during a real-time game situation! Since the best shooters of a team are entrusted with free throws, you need to sharpen your shooting skills by practicing free throws with your facility basketball machine.
● Other essential shooting drills for basketball:
You can create individual shooting drills that mimic game situations and practice them with the automated basketball hoop rebounder in your facility. You can also try the popular variations of customized shooting drills and workouts like Baseline Runner, Pitch and Drive, Pick and Pop, Drive and Kick, etc.
With a basketball training machine in the facility or your home, you can incorporate several variations and customizations and indeed create some of the best shooting drills for basketball that will enable you to become a champ!