Kids love potatoes, eggs, and pancakes – so why not put them all together in one delicious dish? Try our potato egg pancake/ healthy weight gain recipe for a delicious and easy meal that your kids will love! This pancake is perfect for breakfast or as a quick snack, and it’s sure to be a hit with any kiddo in the family. Give our potato egg pancake recipe a try today!
Health benefits of potato egg pancake/ healthy weight gain recipe
- Potatoes and eggs are both rich in vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants which are great for the development of a baby’s brain and body.
- These two foods provide essential nutrients that are vital for the growth and development of the baby’s nervous system, heart, muscles, bones, skin, and eyes.
- Potatoes are a good source of dietary fiber.
- They are also rich in Vitamin A, Vitamin C, potassium, and vitamin B6.
- Potatoes can help in reducing the risk of various childhood diseases, like diarrhea, constipation, and pneumonia.
- They are a good source of energy and can help in keeping your baby alert and active.
- Vitamins present in potatoes help in the proper development of the immune system in babies.
- They contain antioxidants that can protect the baby from some diseases like cancer.
- They help in improving the baby’s complexion and reducing the risk of eczema.
- They are also beneficial in building up the baby’s neural tube.
- Eggs are a great source of choline, which is essential for the brain and nervous system.
- Choline helps to prevent birth defects of the brain and spine.
- Eggs are also a good source of arginine, which is essential for blood vessel health.
- They also provide your baby with vitamins A, B12, D, calcium, and phosphorus.
- Eggs are a good source of high-quality protein that is essential for your baby’s growth and development.
- Eggs are a good way to get your child’s daily intake of proteins and essential fats.
- Eggs contain selenium, which helps in strengthening the immune system.
Potato egg pancake/ Healthy weight gain recipe
- Potatoes – 2 (thinly sliced),
- Egg yolk
- Onion – 1 (chopped)
- Salt – as required (recommended for above 1 year)
- Rice flour – 1 tbsp.
- Cumin powder – 1 tsp.
- Coriander powder – 1 tsp.
- Turmeric powder- 1 tsp.
- Hing – a pinch
- Garam masala – 1 tsp.
1. Rinse, wash and peel off the potato and onion.
2. Cut the potatoes in thin slices and chop the onions and set it aside.
3. In a bowl, add potatoes slices, egg yolk and all the ingredients and beat them until everything get mixed.
4. Heat a pan under medium flame and add 1-2 ladle full of potato egg batter.
5. Drizzle it with ghee/oil and cook on both sides each for 2-4 minutes.
6. Potato egg pancake/ Healthy Weight gain recipe is ready to serve with some homemade tomato sauce/green chutney.
How to serve Potato egg pancake/ Healthy weight gain recipe for babies
For above 8 months old, Potato egg pancake/ Healthy Weight gain recipe can be cut into vertical pieces and can be introduced as finger foods.
For kids above 1 year old you can serve Potato egg pancake/ Healthy Weight gain recipe
as it is, or can make them in different sizes and shapes using the different cookie cutters
This recipe gives you everything that you desire for your kids’ healthy and tasty breakfast. The pancakes are fluffy, easy to make, and taste great too!
Try this delicacy out today and have a happy baby making pancake rounds around the table!
Frequently Asked Questions
Do you put eggs in potato pancakes?
Yes, egg can be added in potato pancakes. It can increase the nutritional value.
When can we introduce potatoes to baby?
Potatoes are good to be introduced to babies after 6 months completion.
When can we introduce eggs to baby?
Eggs are good to be introduced to babies after 6 months completion. Egg yolk has to be introduced first followed by egg white.
Can potatoes cause gas in babies?
Yes, it might be gassy for few babies. Adding hing, turmeric, jeera powder and garlic in recipe can help to prevent gas.
Can we mix potato and egg together?
Eggs and potatoes are the best combination for an energy rich, wholesome breakfast.
Potato egg pancake/ Healthy Weight gain recipe
Pancakes stuffed with different ingredients are very popular among kids these days. But why not try something new and unique with potato egg pancakes? They are sure to be a hit with your little one!
- 2 Potatoes thinlysliced
- Egg yolk
- 1 Onion chopped
- Salt recommendedfor above 1 year
- 1 tbsp Rice flour
- 1 tsp Cumin powder
- 1 tsp Coriander powder
- 1 tsp Turmericpowder
- Hing a pinch
- 1 tsp Garam masala
- Rinse, wash and peel off the potato and onion.
- Cut the potatoes in thin slices and chop the onions and set it aside.
- In a bowl, add potatoes slices, egg yolk and all the ingredients and beatthem until everything get mixed.
- Heat a pan under medium flame and add 1-2 ladle full of potato eggbatter.
- Drizzle it with ghee/oil and cook on both sides each for 2-4 minutes.
- Potato egg pancake/ Healthy Weight gain recipe is ready to serve with some homemade tomato sauce/green chutney.